Suhas Roy studied Graphic Art in Paris and also holds a Diploma in Painting from Indian College of Art and Draftsmanship, Kolkata
His works have been exhibited all over the world through exhibitions like the Asian Graphic Prints Traveling Exhibition, USA, the Tokyo Print Biennale, Japan, Contemporary Indian Art, Yugoslavia, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungry, and Wounds, at the Central Institute Modern Art, New Delhi, and the National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.
Mr. Roy’s work is usually inspired by life around him, but his themes are as much influenced by the everyday world as they are rooted in fantasy.
He did many solo and group exhibitions all across the world and has been a recipient of many awards.
Honors and Awards
- 1986 Certificate of Merit, Symphony, Hoshiarpur
- 1973 Certificates of Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata
- 1970 West Bengal Academy of Drama and Fine Arts, Kolkata
- 1969 All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi
- 1968 1st All India Graphic Exhibition by Group 8
- 1957-58 Annual Exhibition, Indian College of Arts and Draughtsman ship, Kolkata
Artist: SUHASH ROY
Medium: Soft Pastel on Handmade Paper
Size: 17x 12